How to use PERIDAN™ Concentrate
- Thoroughly mix PERIDAN Concentrate into a bag of Lactated Ringer's Injection USP until transparent golden in colour.
- Warm diluted PERIDAN Concentrate to approximately body temperature.
- Hang the sterile bag(s) of solution on an intravenous stand.
- Remove the twist-off tab from the port, in the case of laparotomy, insert a large bore irrigation set (e.g. 4-prong irrigation set) for dispensing the solution directly into the peritoneal cavity, or in the case of laparoscopy, insert a standard set for connection to a laparoscope.
- Remove any fluid remaining in the peritoneal cavity.
- After the abdominal incision is mostly closed, or prior to removal of the laparoscope, hold the body wall up and direct the appropriate amount of solution at the operative sites and distribute the remainder of the contents of the bag throughout the peritoneal cavity.
Mixing PERIDAN™ Concentrate
5 mL vial (Foal presentation)
Mix 5 mL of PERIDAN Concentrate with 1 litre of Lactated Ringer's solution.
This results in a 0.25 g/L concentration of fucoidan
Dosage: 1 L of the mixture per 50 Kg body weight.
50 mL vial (Adult Horse presentation)
Mix 50 mL of PERIDAN Concentrate with 5 litres of Lactated Ringer's solution.
This results in a 0.5 g/L concentration of fucoidan
Dosage: 1 L of the mixture per 100 Kg body weight.